1. Almost everyone is aware of the fact that being overweight is not at all beneficial for your health, however, if you have a bit more mass in your back, it can actually be good for your health.
Researchers at the University of Oxford and Churchill Hospital have published a new review where they claim that people who have more fat in their thighs and backside actually have better protection from various diseases such as diabetes, various heart diseases along with other ailments related to obesity.
2. According to the study, women who have bigger back have significantly low levels of cholesterol and are also better at producing hormones which help in metabolizing sugar.
3. According to Dr. Michael Jensen, director of endocrine research at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn, the best place to have some extra fat is the lower body.
Your leptin levels also increase when you have a big back. Leptin is a hormone which is known for controlling weight. Also, production of another hormone called dinopectina, which has anti-inflammatory, vascular-protective, and anti-diabetic attributes is also improved.
4. But experts are not sure whether these advantages are better than those gained from being just thin.
5. However, genetics gets to decided where the extra fat will actually be stored.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family.